Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Official Trip Around The Moon Lottery

According to The Guardian the Russian federal space authorities are offering a trip around the moon for $100MM. I've decided that I'm going to start a lottery to try and fund just such a trip for one lucky winner.

Send me a paypal payment for $10.01US to my email address, and I'll toss your name in the drum. If I don't get to 10 million entries by July 31, 2006, or if Roskosmos cancels the trip, or if they change the price significantly, then I'll send you your money back. No interest or anything, just a refund of your $10. I'll keep the penny for the time and effort of organizing the lottery.

You know, thinking about it, I'll even promise to forward any ticket-equivalents on to a larger lottery, if one comes up. I'm just an aggregating agent, in one way or another.

2 comments:

Bryan Kurz Photography said...

wow! can i enter more than once? i will send you $100. enough for 10 tickets... now you only need 9,999,990 more people.. you might have it by next week...NOT

Rob said...

Well, I did say July 31, 2006, so that's only about 193k tickets per week, or 28k per day. With your commitment, I've knocked off 3/100 of a percent of today's quota! Thanks!