- Innovation Day
- Company Meeting
- Novajug presentation by Google on launching scalable apps
- Test engineering team night out
And other hilarious hijinks.
Went running this morning. From 14th & M down to the Mall and back. Very cold outside, but this time (unlike in December) I brought along some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Still forgot a hat. Duh. Things noticed:
- Customs & Border Protection shares a building with USAID (US Agency for International Development). Seems strange to have one building that says "Here, we'll help you develop your own economy, as long as you stay away from us."
- You can see both the White House and the Capitol Building as you stand on Freedom Plaza crossing Pennsylvania Avenue.
- The Washington Monument is really pretty when lit up in the dark of the early morning hours.
And finally, on the bus to work this morning (track maintenance on the Metro) I saw the Potomac crusted over with ice. It makes perfect sense, but it was shocking to actually see it.